Tekrema Center for Art and Culture – Tekrema Dance Theatre
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD Monday, September 9, 2019, 7:00 PM at the Andrew “Pete” Sanchez Center, 1616 Caffin Avenue. A Statement of Interest in the format outlined below must be received by Tekrema Center by Friday, August 30th via email to TekremaCenter@gmail.com to confirm your participation.
Statement of Interest Format
- Brief history of training and experience
- A 200-250 word double-spaced typewritten statement of interest. This statement should include the artist’s reason(s) for wanting to perform with Tekrema Dance Theatre.
AUDITION TECHNIQUE CLASS:
Auditions will include participation in a full technique class. The technique class will include a ballet barre, modern center and jazz combination.
PROPER DANCEWEAR for the audition is required
All performances are paid opportunities
- Class/Rehearsals – Mondays at 7:00 PM
- Additional Rehearsals – TBA as necessary
- Performances: Black History Month Performance, City Events and Festivals, Fly With It (Black Dance in Louisiana), Fulfillment of My Fantasy, End of Season Concert (May/June)
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: TekremaCenter@gmail.com